First let me start by saying this is probably gramatically incorrect, mispelled words,etc but I'm doing good to try on the drugs I'm on so don't judge me please:).So much has gone on since my last post so this should bring you up to date to what is going on with the Dodd's. I am 23 wks 1 day pregnant with identical twin girls. We are so excited! We have decided to call them double names so one is going to be Anna Claire, and the other Ella Kate. Everything so far has been good with my pregnancy with only 13 weeks left to go. It started Tuesday August 16th I had a hard time catching my breath just doing nothing. I was already on bed rest with bathroom privgledges "exciting right". Because of pressure. Hard to do for sure with three little ones. Tuesday just doing nothing (well nothing with my sweet pea, bug, and lil miss home) felt short of breath finding it harder to breathe, I delt with that all day not thinking much but well, "twins" there are two in there pushing up on my lungs,that is what I thought anyway. Around 6:oo it was really becoming a challenge. I knew I would not be able to reach my Mr.F so called my mother. By the time she answered I could barely get a word out. Thankfully by the grace of God no questions were asked and she came over right away. I called my doctor who responded asap and she told me to go to come right away . When I arrived they discovered that I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. Scary ,Scary. The docotor on call said it was a blessing in disguise that was probably my bodies way of sending a mesage. I got 4 gram magnesium sulfate, and terbutatline, the worst drug ever!!!! Just google it if you're not farmiliar.No cervical change thank goodness! My body responded well ( starting dosage) minus feeling hot flashes, the shakes, my heart freaking out from the terbutatline. My doctor said, I won't be getting that again unless it is an emergency.
WEDNESDAY- I was moved to antepartum and they lowered my dosage of mag.to try and keep my contractions undercontrol. My mother came up to the hospital to have a sleep over with me so that Paul could be with our babies. We did not want them to be scared or think anything was wrong with mommy. He took them to meet the teacher, and they sent me pics(that was hard) then he took them to Chuck E Cheese. I heard they had so much fun! Mom and I laughed a little I was starting to think she was on my drugs.....We had room service,Yummy as you can imagine.
THURSDAY - I got my first round of steroids for the girls. There are two rounds given 12 hrs apart which helps their lungs develop quicker (taken as a precautionary measure). Then my mother went back to my house to go relieve my Mr. because he still has a job. My daddy drove in from Dallas to stay with me that afternoon until Paul was able to get home to play with my babies and get them to bed and then he came back to sleep up here with me without them even knowing. I even got to take a shower -- the highlight of my day, other than outside food. Paul had to wash my hair so fun....He did have fun spraying me in the face with the shower head ,infact he thought it was so so funny b/c there was nothing I could do.drugged and all..So we got to laugh :) On a more serious note... My doctor came in around 9:00pm last night to let us know that I will not be leaving. She feels like she needs to have me here for the safety of the girls, espically since my body will only tolerate mag without a crazy reaction. My preterm labor history is NOT in my favor,she also feels the contractions will only get worse if I go home. She informed us I will have my ultrasound/ reg check up in my rm this evenning between 8pm and midnight to check them all out and to make sure we have no cervical changes,fluid,etc Also that we will be meeting with the Neonatologist Saturday just to know all the risks if the girls decide to come early.
FRIDAY - 6am Second round steroid shot(last) Contractions a little more than have been going on, but that is a side effect of the steroids. Other than that I like to hear , 'NONE , or a little IRRIBIALITY. My arm was hurting this a.m. only to discover that the IV came out of the vein 'lovely" so it was all swollen.....Had to get another one going in my right arm. The nurses informed me for my baby shower (which I am excited I still get to have) is going to be in a room up here which they use just for the to be moms that have to stay. So invitations are being mailed out, they were already printed so they had to make a few adjustmets.....Same date September 17th, if I told you a time I am sure that time has changed.
That's all I know for now. I keep holding on to my faith and the encouragement from friends and people I do not even know reaching out to talk to me, pray for me , visit me etc.
This a.m. early in the wee hours when most of the world was asleep these scriptures just came to me .....
Lean not on your own understanding trust in the Lord with all your heart, acknowledge him and he shall direct your path, Proverbs 3:5
All things work together for good,to them that love God. Romans 8:28
Do not fear for I know the plans I have for you they are plans for good,not disaster,to give you a future and a hope. Do not be afraid. Jeremiah 29:11
My mother brought me flowers, Paul brought me a lap top, 2 fans b/c mag has you feeling on fire so "BEWARE" if you come bring a sweater my ac is on 68 with two fans blowing and I'm still HOT!!!
I might be able to post pics later. I am so not computer literate.
Thank you all for your prayers!
Love and prayers to you! Wish I was closer to help.
ReplyDelete:) Angie
Thanks for the update. I like the parts where you said you got to laugh! Laughter is such great medicine! Praying for you dear sister in Christ...and for Anna Claire, Ella Kate, Paul, and your sweet babies at home! I'd like to bring that girls night out to the hospital if they'll let us!! Keep your pretty little head head up...you are more than a conqueror!
ReplyDeleteNatalie Snow